Challenge II: Lack of Partner Confidence and Trust
An additional barrier: a lack of trust and confidence between potential PPP partners.
- The public sector fears private finance will extract excessive returns, with user and taxpayers eventually footing the bill.
- The private sector fears government wavering and capricious political forces will damage or destroy investment returns.
YRC Solution II: YRC as the Infrastructure Catalyst
By treating environmental issues as assets rather than liabilities, our strategy is to:
- Assist the public sector: By advocating transparency, respect for public procurement principles, protecting the public purse and generating competitive user charges.
- Assist private finance: By stimulating public buy-in, limited government “skin-in-the game” and allowing private finance to plan without fear of major unanticipated changes.
- Self insure political risk: By incorporating split political/commercial risk insurance to development capital.
We act in the role of infrastructure catalyst – making infrastructure happen.